Ford-built timeless transport machines that have been dreamed, sought after, garaged, babied, race tested, stolen, and modernized to today's standards or better...
|A. 1966 FORD Mustang FASTBACK GT - "Slick Guzzo"
This is an aggressive street prepped high performance car that is currently sitting in a garage waiting for body/frame modifications. It has been a daily driver on and off since March of 2005 when bought from Decatur, Georgia.
- Factory: A-code, metallic ivy green, standard black vinyl interior, 289 V8 (225hp), 4-speed Borg Warner T10 manual transmission, 8" rear with 3.00 gear ratio, GT foglights, GT Rally Pac, manual steering + brakes, GT Kelsey Hayes 4-piston caliper front disc brakes, rear drum brakes, 14" GT steel style wheels with chrome trim rings, Carter/ Motorcraft 4-barrel carburetor
- Engine Specifications: orig 289 stroked 347ci, Eagle forged steel crankshaft, SRP/JE forged aluminum pistons, 5.40" Eagle SIR I-beam forged 5140 steel bushed connecting rods, COMP Cams THUMPR camshaft, AFR185 aluminum cylinder heads ported + polished, MSD e-curve Ready-to-Run distributor, Holley Street Avenger 670cfm carburetor (e-choke), aluminum EDELBROCK Air-Gap intake manifold, Scorpion billet aluminum roller rocker arms, CANTON windage tray + pick-up, JBA Tri-Y titanium ceramic coated headers, 10.6:1 compression ratio, minimum 93 octane gasoline, MAGNAFLOW 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with x-over
- Interior: '65-66 GT350R instrument guage steel panel, AutoMeter Ultra-Lite instrument electric guages, CORBEAU CR-1 black leather bucket seats, SIMPSON 5-point safety harnesses (camlock style), MOTO-LITA 15" aluminum steering wheel with Mahogany wood rim + quick release hub, xTreme DynaMat, carpet + headliner delete, dashpad delete, TCP clutch - brake - gas aluminum pedals, Hurst competition shifter
- Body/Chassis: 4-point roll-cage fixed to custom sub-frame connectors, Maier Racing carbon kevlar functional side scoops, front + rear bumper delete, foglights removed, seatpans deleted, fold-down rear seat + fiberglass panels removed, rolled all 4 fender lips
- Drivetrain: Currie 9" rear housing, Strange Engineering aluminum center section Detroit Locker TRUE-TRAC with 3.50 gear ratio, Moser 31-spline axles, custom 3" diameter steel driveshaft, HURST shifter
- Suspension + Brakes: Cobra Automotive Stage 3 race suspension - front big disc brake kit, 1.75" UCA drop, SSBC rear disc brakes, vario-centric camber kit
- Wheels/Tires: PSE 15" TA-I aluminum wheels, BFG G-Force
- Misc.: Scott Drake gas cap lock kit, 4-point tie downs, TCP non-skip alum pedal covers, antenna delete, rear seat delete, interior panels deleted, headliner delete, Xtreme DynaMat
- Project Thread - StangFix: '66FB GT "Slick Guzzo" Upgrade Build-Up
- Video: YouTube
|B. 1968 FORD F250 4x4 Crew Cab
This will be a pure work horse for the business and a tow truck hauler for the Mustang; bought and transported from Beavercreek, Oregon in August of 2011. Plans are to swap in a Cummins 6BT 12-valve diesel engine, fabricate and install a functional safety roll-cage, add 4-wheel disc brakes, and aluminum Baja bead-lock wheels. It original came with a 360 V8, but was later replaced by a '78 351M. Truck was left out to rust for years. Body is still solid, but needs lots of patch panels.
- Factory: built in Canada, red, short bed/box, standard interior, driver side spotlight, 4-speed manual transmission, DANA 60 rear axle, DANA 44 front axle (big knuckle), 360 V8, 15" steel wheels, drum brakes, power brake booster, power steering, 4-door, bench seats
- Drive-train: '97 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6BT 12V turbo diesel engine + NV4500 5-speed manual transmission(work-in-progress).
- Fluids: Valvoline Premium Blue Heavy Duty oil 15W-40, MOPAR manual transmission synthetic 75W-85 fluid (p/n 4874459)
- Electrical: custom mini-fuse panel, Optima red top battery
- Wheels/Tires: BFG All-Terrain T/A on factory steel wheels
- Project Thread - Fordification: '68 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Short Box - Cummins!